Katharine Esty, PhD, 87, is a best-selling author, practicing psychotherapist, a widow, a mother, a grandmother, and an activist for aging well. She’s on a mission to dispel myths about old age and to end ageism, which limits and undermines the most experienced among us. She lives in a retirement community west of Boston. Her recent book, Eightysomethings – A Practical Guide to Letting Go, Aging Well, and Finding Unexpected Happiness, was published by Skyhorse. Join me in this episode and learn why Katharine is a Kickass Boomer! [00:01 – 04:22] Opening Segment Let’s get to know Katharine Esty, PhD What we can learn from her book, “Eightysomethings” [04:23 – 14:09] How to Age Well How to deal with challenges in your 80s Is there a right to retire? Katharine shares her thoughts Get inspired by this mission that Katharine wants to fulfil [14:10 – 24:13] How to Live Longer What research suggests about how to live longer Here’s how to heal yourself without any external medications How to contribute to your community as a boomer [24:14 – 34:01] How to Enjoy Your 80s The exciting things that 80-somethings can do How Katharine got her inspiration for her book How to write a legacy letter according to Katharine [34:02 – 38:28] Closing Segment Connect with Katharine! Links below Final announcements Tweetable Quotes: “It pays to be in good shape.” – Katharine Esty, PhD “One of the things I really want to do is get out the word that there’s so much good news about what it’s like to be older.” – Katharine Esty, PhD Get in touch with Katharine by emailing email@example.com or visit her personal website to learn more about her work. —– BEE BOLD, NOT OLD. LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer! Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You can also connect with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
#84: This is a rebroadcast of Ep#57 with Katharine a Best-Selling Author and an Activist for Aging Well, Living with Purpose, and Being Unexpectedly Happy!
May 16, 2022 38:2952.96M
- #155: Diane Jellen’s book “My Resurrected Heart” is the story of her codependency and how she broke free & began her healing process!
- #154: How many touch points are necessary to reach your target audience in social media today?
- #153: TogetherforSharon.com – Sharon’s 15 year fight against the cruel disease of Parkinson’s.
Enter your email below to receive ongoing updates about Kickass Boomers and the growing community.
- #155: Diane Jellen’s book “My Resurrected Heart” is the story of her codependency and how she broke free & began her healing process! September 25, 2023
- #154: How many touch points are necessary to reach your target audience in social media today? September 18, 2023
- #153: TogetherforSharon.com – Sharon’s 15 year fight against the cruel disease of Parkinson’s. September 11, 2023
- #152: His English teacher told him he couldn’t write, his counselor told him he should “Find a Toolbox”, these six words changed his life! Encore Presentation September 4, 2023
© 2023 by Terry Lohrbeer. All rights reserved.