Are you interested in taking art lessons to unleash your creativity?
Well, we have Patricia Haftar in our podcast to give us several reasons you should do. Patricia is an Art Instructor for the Niagara Pumphouse, Niagara Art Gallery, Port Colborne Art Association, Capitol Arts Market.
She studied commercial art in high school and continued her art education through workshops and classes with renowned Canadian and American artists, including Margret Martin, Denise Sperry, Jane E. Jones, James Kerr, Tony Batton, and John Leonard.
Join me in this episode and learn why Patricia is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 03:52] Opening Segment
- Why Pat wanted to be a professional artist
- Why professional artists should have “thick skins”
[03:53 – 10:46] Starting Your Art Career
- We talk about copyrights in art
- Pat shares her favorite type of art
- Should you invest in high-quality materials as a beginner?
- Listen to Pat’s advice
[10:47 – 19:44] Creating Art That Reflects Your Vision
- Pat shares her experience in creating one of her arts
- How art helped Pat cope with the COVID-19 pandemic
- She talks about how to utilize technology for her art
[19:45 – 23:44] Closing Segment
- Connect with Pat!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“If you sell your art or put it up for sale, and somebody loves it so much that they buy it, you’re now a professional artist.” – Patricia Haftar
“If you’re not into paintbrushes so much, you can do things like collage, and it’s a fun thing to do.” – Patricia Haftar
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.