Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is retired doctor, Robert Yoho, MD. He joins us in the podcast today to talk about his career and the reasons that pushed him to leave such a lucrative industry.
He shares some things he had observed, particularly the conflicts of interest doctors face, as well as the daily ethical considerations they need to address. He also discusses some thought-provoking information about pharmaceutical companies and the healthcare industry as a whole.
Join me in this episode and learn why Robert is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 02:40] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Robert Yoho
- Why Robert left the healthcare industry
[02:41 – 14:12] Healthcare Industry Unpacked
- The “pack of lies” about bioidentical hormones according to Robert
- What Robert discovered about healthcare industry
- The conflict of interest among doctors
[14:13 – 24:46] Ethics in Healthcare
- The only case where stents in arteries work
- Why you should the advocate of your own self
- Robert gives an interesting take about ethics in healthcare
[24:47 – 31:47] Closing Segment
- The most criminal industry in history according to Robert
- How medicine has grown as an industry over the years
- Connect with Robert!
- Links below
“The key thing is to become your own advocate and learn as much as you can.” – Robert Yoho, MD
“It’s hard to be ethical when your pocketbook is on the line.” – Robert Yoho, MD
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.