Doug is also a film producer. His first film was a documentary titled Mother of Normandy: The Story of Simone Renaud. His next film, I Want Your Money, was released in over 500 theaters across the nation in 2010. In 2014, Doug produced and directed Reagan at Normandy, a short film for the Airborne Museum in Normandy, France, and in 2017, he produced Heroes of WWII: The European Campaign. Other projects he is producing include a cable TV show on film and TV cars called Kars & Stars and a feature film, Big Life.
Doug has a love for history and hopes to keep making films and documentaries that are inspiring, informative and educational. His passion for Hollywood films and time travel inspired him to create The Hollywood Time Travel Series. It’s a Wonderful Time is his debut novel, which he coauthored with Reinhard Denke.
Join me in this episode and learn why Doug is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 15:48] Opening Segment
- Doug talks about his film; Mother of Normandy.
- His love of history in general specifically World War II
- Influenced by his dad who was a former Navy after WWII
- His experience: Going to Normandy in 98, and seeing Omaha beach
- Going back to Normandy in 2004, he found out that British Veterans come back every year.
- Bringing a camera, he started filming with a small crew.
- Meeting Bill tucker an 82nd airborne paratrooper.
- Meeting the former Mayor’s sons and other veterans
- Seeing souvenirs of war; Letters from GIs and their families.
[15:01 – 25:00] Coming up with a story to tell.
- Former Mayor’s wife (Simone Renaud) and how she delivers the fallen GIs letters personally to their family.
- Simone Sending flowers, to Gen. Theodore Roosevelt Jr. and Life Magazine.
- Simone’s dedicated to sending flowers for the GI Grave in Normandy Cemeteries
- Doug talks about putting the stories into a coffee table book in hopes to see it in libraries and universities.
- Terry shares about her Relative’s experience in WWII
[25:00 – 28:02] Local WWII Veterans Keeping the Memory Alive
- Renaud’s Family Honors 78-Year Friendship
[28:03 – 30:32] Closing Segment
- Connect with Doug!
- Links below
“I’ll tell you how I found out about the film. Cause I was not looking for it. I’ve been blessed, God’s blessed me to put me in situations where I’ve been at the right place at the right time.” – Doug Stebleton
It’s not about picnics. It’s about our servicemen that have served this country. We owe them a great debt of gratitude that can never be repaid.” – Terry Lohrbeer
Connect with Host Terry Lohrbeer
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.