In Today’s Kick Ass Boomers Solo Episode, We will be talking about downsizing. Downsizing is definitely not a favorite topic of boomers, but it is something most of us will have to do at some point. Before putting a house on the market, it is important to get rid of as much stuff as possible. I decided to rent a pod so I could start packing and have a place to put all of the boxes. Since we are moving to Florida to a much smaller house, most of our furniture will have to be donated or sold on consignment. Most the have kids today do not want their parents stuff. Except for maybe some very special items, if it is old, even if it is in good condition can also be difficult to sell furniture because there is a glut of boomers selling furniture. So if you are thinking about downsizing, think about what you can get rid of and start packing your house!
[00:28 – 02:59] Downsizing: It’s not a favorite topic of boomers, but it is something most of us will have to do at some point
- Downsizing and in the midst of getting their home ready to sell, so they’re talking about downsizing on the show.
- Most boomers don’t like talking about downsizing, but it’s something most of them will have to do at some point.
- Before putting their house on the market, they’re going through their closets and donating anything they no longer wear or need.
[03:00 – 05:23] Downsizing and Moving: Tips to Make the Process Easier
- Downsizing and moving can be a big job, and the sooner you start to tackle it, the better.
- If you have children, get them to help you move or donate their belongings.
- Most of what you have today is not wanted by your children.
- It can be difficult to sell furniture that is old, even if it is in good condition.
- There are companies who will help you sort through your belongings and haul away your junk for a fee.
“Fewer possessions means more time for fun and socializing and less time cleaning.” – Terry Lohrbeer
“My new mantra is if I’m no longer using it, donate or toss, I know that will make my next move much easier.” – Terry Lohrbeer
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.