“From instruction to innovation.”
This has been the journey of our Kickass Boomer of the Day, Connie Inukai. After retiring from her position as an adjunct professor, she became a serial entrepreneur, award-winning inventor, author of “How I Got My Product on QVC, The Today Show, and More…In Retirement,” and creator of Write Your Selfie and Grandmapreneur.
She left the University of Maryland and Johns Hopkins University teaching technical writing to invent “Tip ‘n Split,” the first restaurant calculating device with magnifier and light. What made this invention successful was her recognition of a problem that has not been solved yet.
Join me in this episode and learn why Connie is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:59] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Connie Inukai
- How Connie pitched her first product to QVC
[05:00 – 15:35] “An Unlikely Inventor”
- Connie talks about her rise from a retiree into “an unlikely inventor”
- How she’s making her own publicity
- She gives us a sneak peek at her book
[15:36 – 25:27] Write Your Story
- An important reminder for Boomers who want to sell a product
- Can you “write” your selfie?
- Connie tells us how
- Here’s the funny story about how Connie got her name
[25:28 – 30:26] What If You Fly?
- Our grandparents were once kids too
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Don’t miss these parting words from Connie!
[30:27 – 35:10] Closing Segment
- Why invent the Tip ‘n Spit
- Boomers can still be curious about many things!
- Final announcements
“I don’t give up and I think [people] like it when you’re persistent.” – Connie Inukai
“Nobody says you are too old to have curiosity and wonder.” – Connie Inukai
“Passion has no expiration date.” – Connie Inukai
- Connie’s articles on Entrepreneur
- GRAB a copy of Connie’s book, How I Got My Product on QVC, The Today Show, and More…In Retirement, to promote your product even if you don’t have any experience!
- Check out Grandmapreneur Inventor to know more about her work
- Here’s the perfect gift for your parents and grandparents, “Tip ‘n Split“
- Write your life story through pictures! Start here.
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.