A retired customer service executive who grew up in New York City, Edward Di Gangi and his wife now live in Hillsborough, North Carolina. He is the author of published nonfiction articles, as well as short stories. He is also a popular book club presenter and podcast guest. A story of adoption, search, discovery and reunion, set against a backdrop of the glamorous ice skating shows of the 1940s, The Gift Best Given: A Memoir is his first full-length book.
Join me in this episode and learn why Edward is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 06:34] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Edward Di Gangi
- Why he thought of researching his family history
[06:35 – 16:31] Finding Out His True Lineage
- How was it like living as an adopted child?
- Edward shares his experience
- Here’s a story about a visa application that caught his attention
- Ed talks about how he was able to know his birth mother
[16:32 – 26:47] Finding His Way Through Kindness
- Edward thinks her birth mother’s kindness leads him to her
- Remembering her birth mother through her possessions
- The story of talking with her birth mother’s roommate
[26:48 – 36:12] Pictures Do Speak A Thousand Words
- The power of social media in connecting with people
- Finding his half-brother and interacting with him
- A 1947 photo that changed Edward’s life
[36:13 – 46:11] Learning About His Ethnicity
- Edward talks about the significance of her birth mother’s signature
- Learning more about his ethnicity
- Meeting a cousin-turned-half brother
- How did this happen?
[46:12 – 54:20] Why He Wrote a Book
- The main reasons Edward wrote his book
- His reaction about learning that his mother was cremated
- A fitting ending to Edward’s memoir
[54:21 – 58:22] Closing Segment
- Connect with Edward!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“It would be interesting to know where [my ancestors] came from.” – Edward Di Gangi
“What was the most dramatic thing in this whole search? It was the first time seeing her picture.” – Edward Di Gangi
- Book: The Lost
Email email@example.com to connect with Ed or follow him on LinkedIn and Instagram.
GRAB a copy of Edward’s book, The Gift Best Given: A Memoir
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
You can also connect with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.