Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Michele Holmes, a veteran homeschool mom of 30 years with a desire to help homeschooling parents take on the high school years so they can give their teens a positive and successful high school experience at home. Michele, a mom of 8, has graduated seven kids from her homeschool: Five went on to earn college degrees and 2 more are currently in college. She is currently homeschooling her youngest.
Join me in this episode and learn why Michele is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 05:42] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Michele Holmes
- Why homeschooling should be an option
[05:43 – 10:33] Homeschooling 101
- Michele talks about her role as parent coach and resource person about homeschooling
- What Michele learned from being a member of a swimming team
- The difference between e-learning and homeschooling
[10:34 – 20:32] Freedom Brought by Homeschooling
- Here’s how homeschooled kids can achieve more freedom
- We talk about the usual struggles of elementary school kids
- Kids with learning disabilities can also learn from homeschooling
[20:33 – 31:13] A Grandparent’s Role in Homeschooling
- Why children should join clubs available inside their schools
- Michele shares her thoughts on the pandemic’s effect to children
- Her important tip for grandparents who homeschool their grandchildren
[31:14 – 33:36] Closing Segment
- Connect with Michele!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“There’s this whole new freedom that comes along with homeschooling.” – Michele Holmes
“You as a grandparent, you still have to have a relationship with your adult children and you don’t want it to go sideways.” – Michele Holmes
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.