Katharine Esty, PhD, 87, is a best-selling author, practicing psychotherapist, a widow, a mother, a grandmother, and an activist for aging well. She’s on a mission to dispel myths about old age and to end ageism, which limits and undermines the most experienced among us. She lives in a retirement community west of Boston. Her recent book, Eightysomethings – A Practical Guide to Letting Go, Aging Well, and Finding Unexpected Happiness, was published by Skyhorse.
Join me in this episode and learn why Katharine is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:22] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Katharine Esty, PhD
- What we can learn from her book, “Eightysomethings”
[04:23 – 14:09] How to Age Well
- How to deal with challenges in your 80s
- Is there a right to retire?
- Katharine shares her thoughts
- Get inspired by this mission that Katharine wants to fulfil
[14:10 – 24:13] How to Live Longer
- What research suggests about how to live longer
- Here’s how to heal yourself without any external medications
- How to contribute to your community as a boomer
[24:14 – 34:01] How to Enjoy Your 80s
- The exciting things that 80-somethings can do
- How Katharine got her inspiration for her book
- How to write a legacy letter according to Katharine
[34:02 – 38:28] Closing Segment
- Connect with Katharine!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“It pays to be in good shape.” – Katharine Esty, PhD
“One of the things I really want to do is get out the word that there’s so much good news about what it’s like to be older.” – Katharine Esty, PhD
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.