Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Philip J Martin, a transformative speaker and a college teacher with a passion for theater. He is author of “Take the Stage: 64 Essential Leadership Lessons Learned From Theatre” and “Play Hard-Have Fun: A Philosophy for Life”. His engagement in theater arts got him wearing many hats – being a writer for television and musicals, performer, director, published playwright, and songwriter, receiving awards and rave reviews.
Join me in this episode and learn why Philip is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 05:21] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Philip J Martin
- Philip shares about being an introvert with an interesting life
[05:22 – 10:14] Opening Doors to Opportunities
- Succeed by choice, not by chance
- Conquer your fear in taking the first step!
- Allow inspiration to keep moving
[10:15 – 14:16] Recognizing Our Similarities in the Grand Scale
- Play hard, have fun
- Philip explains how to achieve this premise
- How fun establishes connections
- It is not just about saying “hello”
[14:17 – 22:32] The Father’s Role and the Virtue of Doing
- Philip talks about his musical “Fatherhood”
- The meaning of being a father
- Dreaming of the theater life
- Connect with Philip to participate!
- Great failure brings great value
- Building connections with people is a success in itself
[22:33 – 24:50] Closing Segment
- Be forever young
- Connect with Philip!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“If we hadn’t put ourselves out there by choice, we would have never had this chance.” – Philip J Martin
“This is about your entire life, the way you look at your attitude towards life, that if you find something you love, you put in the hard work to do it. It’s going to be so much more fun when you do it.” – Philip J Martin
- Books: Take the Stage: 64 Essential Leadership Lessons Learned From Theatre Play Hard-Have Fun: A Philosophy for Life
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with Philip!
Check out his website to know more about his work.
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.