Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Andy Robin, a retirement revolutionist, life coach, and the author of “Tapas Life: A Rich and Rewarding Life After Your Long Career.” Andy’s book is not your ordinary retirement book but rather a step-by-step guide to help boomers make the most out of their lives during retirement.
He emphasized that retirement is the best time to explore the things we wanted to try when we were young and that our age should not be a hindrance to not take action.
Join me in this episode and learn why Andy is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 03:15] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Andy Robin
- How “tapas” is related with retirement
[03:16 – 13:13] Getting Structure in Retirement
- Andy explains how to get your life together after retirement
- Financial management is still important after your career!
- Here’s a practical tip from Andy about managing finances
- He gives an interesting insight about “failing freely” you don’t want to miss!
[13:14 – 18:56] The Most Meaningful Activities
- Boomers can always perform lab experiments
- Andy explains what this means
- Andy talks about his experience writing the book, “Tapas Life”
- He walks us through his journey of becoming a life coach
[18:57 – 28:37] From “Doing” to “Being”
- Boomers should have friends from all ages
- Here’s why
- Don’t miss this reflection from Andy about marriage life
- How to transition from “doing” to “being”
[28:38 – 38:14] Achieving “Flowductivity”
- Here’s a meaningful moment in Andy’s life that you should hear about now
- Andy breaks down the concept of “flowductivity”
- He gives us a sneak peek about his book
[38:15 – 45:42] Closing Segment
- The personal choice that all of us can make
- Connect with Andy!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“Most meaningful activities are about selflessly being helpful to someone else.” – Andy Robin
“By being a better person, you’re really helping everything and everyone around you.” – Andy Robin
Check out his website to know more about his work.
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.