Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Charlie Sheldon, the author of “The Strong Heart” book trilogy. Previously, he worked on seaports for almost 30 years as a tribal negotiator, construction manager, project manager, and eventually executive. After retirement, he briefly returned to the sea for four years as a merchant sailor before becoming a full-time writer.
The product of his 11-year writing journey is his trilogy, which he considers a timeless classic. When he’s not writing, Charlie is bonding with his family and hiking in the Olympic National Park.
Join me in this episode and learn why Charlie is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:51] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Charlie Sheldon
- The reasons Charlie returned to sea at age 65
[04:52 – 14:44] Writing a Book
- The challenge Boomers usually face according to Charlie
- He talks about his experience becoming an author
- He gives us a sneak peek of his books!
[14:45 – 24:32] Creating a “Strong Heart”
- How to write believable characters in his books
- An 11-year journey in publishing a book series
- Charlie recalls his experience
- The kind of reading experience Charlie wants for his books
[24:33 – 34:42] Becoming a Timeless Human
- How to be “timeless” in this ever-changing world
- Charlie talks about the symbolisms that his characters represent
- This is how you should read The Strong Heart trilogy
[34:43 – 43:56] Closing Segment
- Connect with Charlie!
- Links below
- What’s next for Charlie?
- Final announcements
“I wanted to write in a setting that let me be more timeless.” – Charlie Sheldon
“It was the telling of stories around campfire that made us modern human beings.” – Charlie Sheldon
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.