Here is a solo episode to reflect on the young adult book that I’ve recently read. The book is titled, “Choices: The True Story of One Family’s Daring Escape to Freedom,” by J.E.Laufer, one of my previous guests in our podcast. Her book was published by Little Egg Publisher.
“Choices” is a short and easy-to-read novel to read to your grandchildren to illustrate how life was in the 1950s. It will also keep both of you on the edge of your seat. I came up with five talking points below to encourage your grandchildren to share their thoughts about the book.
Five Talking Points:
- What choices have you made that affected your life so far?
- Who do you know that shows courage & bravery?
- How can you relate to a family that has to leave everything behind including their homeland to find freedom?
- What does freedom mean to you?
- Has luck ever showed up in your life?
“Kids enjoy hearing about relatives they might never have met and countries far away that have a connection for them.” – Terry Lohrbeer
“Choices are always a part of life.” – Terry Lohrbeer
- Judy Laufer’s book: Choices: The True Story of One Family’s Daring Escape to Freedom
- Judy’s other books
- Previous episode on Judy Laufer: #31: The Very Unhappy Visitor” has a message for everyone!
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW on Apple Podcasts and help me find the next boomers who will inspire us!