Happy Mother’s Day!
Welcome to Kickass Boomers! I’ll be taking some time off to be with my family for Mother’s Day and with my 94-year old Aunt, Aunt Erica. In the meantime, here’s a replay of my episode with Scott Curtis. Scott is an aspiring comedian and the host of Behind the Bits, a podcast featuring professional comedians where they share how they entertain their audience with humor. He also talked about his journey in being a comedian and how it helped him in his midlife crisis.
Let’s have a good laugh with Scott and learn why he is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:39] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Scott Curtis
- Scott talks about his path to comedy
[04:40 – 12:09] Play to Win
- Don’t miss Scott’s advice for the Boomer Nation
- The hardest thing for older people to do
- How he started his podcasting career
[12:10 – 23:57] The Beauty of Comedy
- How humor and laughter makes life better
- Scott explains
- The hardest form of performance art for Scott
- Here’s Scott’s morning routine you might want to follow
- Who are Scott’s inspirations?
[23:58 – 31:04] Learning in Podcasting
- Listen to Scott’s tactics to relate to young people
- He talks about his passion for learning and podcasting
- Why you should remain active in your older years
[31:05 – 32:24] Closing Segment
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Final words
“If you’ve got something that you need to do everyday, if you put a deadline on yourself, then that makes things better for you.” – Scott Curtis
“The funny thing about comedians is once you get them on a subject that they’re interested in, you don’t have to talk anymore.” – Scott Curtis
- #4: Hear how Mike Wader reinvented himself 3x’s and look for a free surprise
- Behind the Bits Episode 1: Tom Dreesen
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!