Carol Cooke was once told by a doctor that she would no longer live her life as she knew it after being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Her condition, though, did not stop her from doing what she wanted to do, finding herself rowing then cycling in competitions.The results of her hard work and perseverance are impressive and inspirational for Boomers: 3x gold-medallist in the Paralympics and 9x world champion in cycling. Join me in this episode and learn why Carol is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 07:03] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Carol Cooke
- The journey to becoming a world-class athlete
[07:04 – 17:40] Handling Multiple Sclerosis
- Here’s why you should visit Melbourne, Australia
- How Carol handled this condition that felt like “being hit by a bus”
- Carol talks about this life-changing 5.8 seconds in a sport
[17:41 – 27:55] From Rowing to Cycling
- Carol talks about the time she almost gave up rowing
- When someone told her she’s not a rower
- But another type of athlete
- Competing against men
- Carol shares her experience
[27:56 – 40:10] Boomers Can Play Sports
- Carol talks about her experience in the 2016 Paralympics
- Age is just a number!
- Can Boomers be sporty?
- Listen to Carol
- Carol shares her experience in writing a book for the first time
[40:11 – 50:40] A Boomer’s Passion
- Publishing is harder than writing
- Carol tells us why
- Why she wouldn’t change her past if she has the chance
- Finding your passion in your Boomer years
[50:41 – 59:05] Closing Segment
- Carol talks about having the right mindset not just in sports
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Final words
“Just try something new and it doesn’t have to be sport-related.” – Carol Cooke
“No matter what age we are, we can always push ourselves and we can always set new goals.” – Carol Cooke
- Carol’s book: Finding Your Inner Gold
- Andrew Jobling
Check out Carol’s website to learn more about her work and schedule a meeting with her. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
WATCH OUT for Carol’s new book: The Force Within – from Police Officer to Paralympian
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Email email@example.com and connect with me online and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.