Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Dr. Yvonne Kaye, an thanatologist or an expert in the study of death. She is also an international speaker, author, veteran radio talk show host, spiritual coach, and interfaith minister. Yvonne joins us in this episode to talk about her various works, most especially in the bereavement space. We will know how her experience as a World War II survivor shaped her approach to bereavement, post-trauma, and crises.
Still, 87 years young, Yvonne has been reminding the people around her to not act their age. After we reach the boomer age, or even before then, there is no limit to what we can and cannot do! The only rule we should follow is to have fun because we are not aging after all. We’re only living.
Join me in this episode and learn why Yvonne is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 05:15] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Dr. Yvonne Kaye
- Her path to bereavement work
[05:16 – 19:57] The Study of Death
- Yvonne talks about the study of death
- She breaks down the idea of having choices
- Survive and thrive after trauma
- Listen to Yvonne
[19:58 – 34:17] How Far Kindness Can Go
- How far our kindness can go
- Listen to our inspiring stories
- Don’t act your age
- Have fun!
- Here’s a reminder from Yvonne you don’t want to miss!
[34:18 – 48:13] The Power of Friendships
- Listen to Yvonne’s writing style you might want to follow
- The power of being friendly according to Yvonne
- What Yvonne hated during her childhood
[48:14 – 51:58] Closing Segment
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Final words
“Laughter is the miracle healer.” – Dr. Yvonne Kaye
“You can’t fix grief.” – Dr. Yvonne Kaye
“It’s important that people start looking at being kind.” – Dr. Yvonne Kaye
- Book: Man’s Search for Meaning
- Kickass Boomers episode 19: Where is my “Team of Angels”????? Feeling overwhelmed?
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!