How to build a business that you would be proud to share with others?
Kickass Boomer, Lisa Kipps-Brown, will answer this question and discuss other important topics about business, technology, and mindset.
Lisa grew up with a blind father who made her realize that nothing is impossible as long as you try to find a way. This has influenced her greatly when she started her own business in the 1990s and decided to be an advisor for aspiring business owners.
A self-proclaimed “disruptive entrepreneur,” Lisa joins us in this episode to break stereotypes and preconceived notions that have kept boomers from exploring the things they are passionate about.
Join me in this episode and learn why Lisa is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:57] Opening Segment
- Lisa Kipps-Brown shares how her blind father influenced her as she grew up
- She talks about her initial experiences as a business owner
[04:58 – 14:21] How to Start Your Own Business
- How Lisa has balanced working on her business and attending to her family
- This is the biggest mistake that aspiring business owners can make
- How to avoid this mistake
- She gives us a sneak peek of her two bestselling books on business
[14:22 – 24:36] The Boomer Technology Gap
- What motivated Lisa to start a live streaming show on YouTube
- We have an interesting exchange about perfection that you don’t want to miss
- Lisa breaks down the “boomer technology gap”
[24:37 – 29:59] How a Business Should be Managed
- Do you want to start a business right now?
- This is Lisa’s message to you
- The potential of niching down on a business idea
- Pivoting from your regular job to a completely different endeavor
- How to do it
[30:00 – 31:48] Closing Segment
- Connect with Lisa!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“The biggest mistake [of aspiring business owners] is building a business by looking at what other people are doing and mimicking them. They end up with a business they never wanted to own.” – Lisa Kipps-Brown
“It’s your business and you can make it anything you want. That’s the thing people need to remember.” – Lisa Kipps-Brown
Connect with Lisa
- GRAB a copy of her book, Disrupt Your Now to learn the lessons shared by 50 successful entrepreneurs.
- Increase the value and marketability of your business by reading Boomer Cashout.
Connect with Terry
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.
- #157: After losing her mom at age 13, her brother when she was 30 & shortly after her sister, Ghulam slowly began to fall apart!
- #156: Delaney Parker’s new erotic novel “grace” has the main character with multiple sclerosis and desperately wants to have a second child.
- #155: Diane Jellen’s book “My Resurrected Heart” is the story of her codependency and how she broke free & began her healing process!