Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is “The Emotional Pro,” Ilene Dillon. Ilene is a best-selling author, speaker, marriage and family therapist, and podcast host, as well as a licensed social worker for over 45 years. Currently, she helps people all over the world through her books, which we will talk about in this episode. We will also discuss having mastery over our own emotions, putting them in motion, and living a life full of happiness. We will learn today that we, boomers, are not necessarily “old.” In fact, we can say we’re middle-aged! It’s just a matter of resetting what is called the age thermostat.
Let’s tune in together and find out why Ilene is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 06:42] Opening Segment
- I introduce our guest, Ilene Dillon
- Living after her husband passed away
- Dealing with breast cancer
- Here’s Ilene’s interesting insight about alternative medicine
[06:43 – 17:26] Putting Emotions in Motion
- We talk about cancer and its possible causes
- Be careful of your emotions
- Emotions are energy
- Ilene explains
- How to lessen your anger?
- Listen to Ilene’s advice
[17:27 – 25:55] Growing Out of Manipulation
- Don’t miss Ilene’s thought-provoking thoughts on forgiveness
- Watch out for Ilene’s second book on manipulation
- Listen to her main takeaways
- Help her self-publish! Links below
- Think of how you want the rest of your life to be like
[25:56 – 32:18] Navigating Different Emotions
- What’s the age thermostat and how to reset it?
- How to navigate the different emotions we feel
- Buy Ilene’s books and get a signed copy!
- Find out how
[32:19 – 38:43] Closing Segment
- The silver lining of going through the COVID-19 pandemic
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Final words
“You can never get rid of emotions, but you can reduce them down so that they’re quite small.” – Ilene Dillon
“Pay attention to what you want to become and not to what you want to overcome.” – Ilene Dillon
“We, human beings, are designed to grow out of manipulation.” – Ilene Dillon
Email email@example.com to help Ilene self-publish her second book or pick her brains about living the best life possible. Connect with her on LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram. Visit her website and Facebook and Twitter pages. Listen to her podcast.
- Ilene’s book: Emotions in Motion
- Book: The Wellness Universe Guide to Complete Self-Care
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with me online and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.