Welcome Back to Kick Ass Boomer, Today we are joined by R.J. Post
R.J. grew up in Ohio and Kansas and graduated from a small, private college that’s been closed for a quarter of a century. He gleefully toiled in newsrooms as a reporter, editor, and manager for more than 30 years. Although he fondly recalls the newspaper business as his “crazy ex-girlfriend,” he now embraces the life of a marketing copywriter. He enjoys used-book shops, vinyl records, marching bands, and dysfunctional love songs. R.J. lives in Grand Island, NE, which is, of course, not a real island. “Lion Taming, Dating and Other Dangerous Endeavors” is his first book.
[00:32 – 08:42] Opening Segment
- RJ is an author, former journalist editor, and manager for several newspapers.
- As the newspaper industry changed, RJ moved into being a marketer copywriter and is now also an author
- Dating and other dangerous endeavors, a collection of 12 short stories.
- RJ’s story attracted her to fiction writing and she has been writing that kind of thing for longer than she can write.
- The book was written in April 2020 and it was published in November of that year.
- RJ self-published the book using Amazon KDP.
[08:42 – 16:30] 5 Minute Reads to Help You Get Through Your Day
- The shorter stories are five minutes long and the longer stories are 10, 20, or 30 minutes long.
- The book is arranged in increments of five minutes, 10 minutes, and 20 minutes.
- One of the longer stories is 20 minutes long.
[16:30 – 24:20] How to Write a Book: Advice from an Author
- Most of the stories in the book are about experiences the author has had or things he’s learned from his kids.
- RJ advises people to start writing by writing about something they love or that matters to them.
- Marketing for a book is not easy, but it can be done if the author is motivated and has a plan.
[24:20 – 31:39] Closing Segment
Link to RJ’s Book: Lion Taming, Dating and Other Dangerous Endeavors: Short
Connect with RJ by following him on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rjpostauthor,
Subscribe to his Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgmVKeDy_ENclHANihFgDZQ
and by Visiting www.saturdayeveningpost.com/2022/06/seeing-the-cryptid/ or you can send him an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Even the writing kinds of things, you don’t need to be intimidated by it, just get in there and start doing it and you can learn the rest as you go. ” – R.J. Post
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.