Katharine Esty, PhD, 87, is a best-selling author, practicing psychotherapist, a widow, a mother, a grandmother, and an activist for aging well. She’s on a mission to dispel myths about old age and to end ageism, which limits and undermines the most experienced among us. She lives in a retirement community west of Boston. Her recent book, Eightysomethings – A Practical Guide to Letting Go, Aging Well, and Finding Unexpected Happiness, was published by Skyhorse. Join me in this episode and learn why Katharine is a Kickass Boomer! [00:01 – 04:22] Opening Segment Let’s get to know Katharine Esty, PhD What we can learn from her book, “Eightysomethings” [04:23 – 14:09] How to Age Well How to deal with challenges in your 80s Is there a right to retire? Katharine shares her thoughts Get inspired by this mission that Katharine wants to fulfil [14:10 – 24:13] How to Live Longer What research suggests about how to live longer Here’s how to heal yourself without any external medications How to contribute to your community as a boomer [24:14 – 34:01] How to Enjoy Your 80s The exciting things that 80-somethings can do How Katharine got her inspiration for her book How to write a legacy letter according to Katharine [34:02 – 38:28] Closing Segment Connect with Katharine! Links below Final announcements Tweetable Quotes: “It pays to be in good shape.” – Katharine Esty, PhD “One of the things I really want to do is get out the word that there’s so much good news about what it’s like to be older.” – Katharine Esty, PhD Get in touch with Katharine by emailing email@example.com or visit her personal website to learn more about her work. —– BEE BOLD, NOT OLD. LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer! Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You can also connect with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
#84: This is a rebroadcast of Ep#57 with Katharine a Best-Selling Author and an Activist for Aging Well, Living with Purpose, and Being Unexpectedly Happy!
May 16, 2022
- #164; Pam delights in helping people free themselves from clutter in order to make room for their passions to flourish.
- #163: What life experience emboldened Rita Wilkins to morph from a Renowned Interior Designer to what her new mission in life is “The Downsizing Designer”?
- #162: Do you like seeing yourself on video? If not, Edie Clarke to the rescue!
Enter your email below to receive ongoing updates about Kickass Boomers and the growing community.
- #164; Pam delights in helping people free themselves from clutter in order to make room for their passions to flourish. November 27, 2023
- #163: What life experience emboldened Rita Wilkins to morph from a Renowned Interior Designer to what her new mission in life is “The Downsizing Designer”? November 20, 2023
- #162: Do you like seeing yourself on video? If not, Edie Clarke to the rescue! November 13, 2023
- KAB #161 Keeping The Memory of D-Day Alive and Honoring our Veterans of World War II. Some came home and many did not. We honor them all today as well as all of our Veterans. This is an encore presentation November 6, 2023
© 2023 by Terry Lohrbeer. All rights reserved.