Why do we have to conform to society’s definition of aging? The fact is, we don’t.
Kathleen Sinclair here, being the author of her book “F#ck Aging”, has empowering views about what it means to exist in this generation and the value we can give and take. She tackles this very controversial subject, but she believes that all boomers need to be willing to say “f#ck aging” and get on with their lives. She emphasizes that boomers shouldn’t just resign on the couch but rather get up and get moving in doing the things they love to do.
This goes to show that no matter your age, it is never too late to fulfill what you desire. Age is just a part of life and there is nothing wrong with getting older.
Join me in this episode and learn why Kathleen Sinclair is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 06:10] Opening Segment
- Kathleen Sinclair discusses how she came up with the book title
- Being aware of any potentially offensive content
- Kathleen highlights the importance of living life to the fullest and not being afraid to express oneself
[06:11 – 13:28] Never Underestimate Your Capacity for Greatness
- How a lot of US boomers are doing amazing things
- The significance of having a positive mindset in order to be successful
- The power of language and how it can reflect on you
- How to improve your physical and mental well-being
[13:29 – 41:30] We Are More Just Than Our Age
- Why yous should start right where you are and congratulate yourself
- Recognizing your capability to act regardless of what others think
- How we should get over aging and move on with our lives.
[41:31 – 43:19] Closing Segment
- Knowing our place of value to teach others
- Connect with Kathleen Sinclair!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“If anyone has a computer or anything on YouTube. You can find everything from Zumba to ballroom dancing to ballet. You can just follow along and just keep your body moving. You do not have to spend a lot of money on any equipment or fancy clothes. None of that is important.” – Kathleen Sinclair
“Just start right where you are and congratulate yourself.” – Kathleen Sinclair
“I feel privileged to be my age. Not everybody gets that opportunity.” – Kathleen Sinclair
Email email@example.com to reach out to Kathleen Sinclair or follow her on Twitter @sinclairevans and Instagram. Check out her personal website to learn more about her work.
- GRAB a copy of her book, “Fuck Aging: Live a Kick-Ass Second Half” here.
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
You can also connect with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.