Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Kevin Barry Price. After retiring from his regular job, Barry has been spending his time in his studio creating and recording music. In this episode, he will share his journey as a musician, his inspirations in life, and his joy in producing music. As everyone has been saying, there’s a price for everything. Barry will tell us what we need to do to be a successful musician after retirement.
Turn the volume up now and find out why Barry is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 08:36] Opening Segment
- I introduce our guest, Kevin Barry Price
- Learning music by himself
- A Beatles-inspired guitar technique
- Open tuning and harmonics
- The favorite key for blues
[08:37 – 18:32] Telling Stories Through Music
- Barry’s musically inspired storytelling
- The joy in producing music
- His story told through his songs
- He talks about his open mic performances
- How can you tell you’re doing well?
- Two originals and a Ringo Starr cover
- Matching the genre with your voice
[18:33 – 28:40] Having Variety is Better
- Barry talks about how he has adjusted his music through the years
- Musical instruments
- Genres of music
- He shares some tips to make your music better
- He talks about his upcoming Halloween album next year
[28:41 – 30:10] Closing Segment
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Barry sings us a goodbye. Check it out!
- Final words.
“I learned by watching people more than anything.” – Kevin Barry Price
“You’ve gotta be a storyteller. You’ve gotta add a character into that story.” – Kevin Barry Price
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!