How do you turn letters for your daughter into a page-turning book?
Kickass Boomer Michael Pickard will tell us how. When his daughter went into a summer camp, she asked him to write her letters for her to not feel alone.
What were mere letters turned into a science-fiction book about an alien for Michael. What made this an even more awesome work was that writing was not Michael’s first career!
Michael has shown that boomers can change careers anytime they want so long it makes them happy and fulfilled. He will talk about his journey into becoming a writer and share some tips for boomers to spend their retirement in a more fulfilling way.
Join me in this episode and learn why Michael is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:59] Opening Segment
- Writing is Michael Pickard’s third career already
- Here’s his story
- This is the reason Michael explore many job opportunities
[05:00 – 10:50] The Story Behind The Gerfnit Chronicles
- Michael shares how he was able to come up with The Gerfnit Chronicles
- He gives us a sneak peek into the prequel of the Chronicles
- What you should be excited about
- A lesson that Michael learned from Steve Jobs
[10:51 – 18:04] The Importance of Volunteer Work Among Boomers
- Why boomers should do volunteer work
- Michael shares his experience as a first-time father in his latest book
- What’s inside this book?
- Connect with Michael!
- Links below
[18:05 – 24:12] The Book Writing Process
- How Michael thinks of book ideas
- Listen to his writing process
- Michael talks about the importance of joining writing books
- After writing the manuscript, these are the things you should do
[24:13 – 27:08] Closing Segment
- The aspects of the book that will probably need multiple revisions
- Final announcements
“I strongly recommend that you find something where the work makes you feel happy. It may not make your heart sing, but at least you will be pleasantly disposed to doing that kind of work.” – Michael Pickard
“Your process is just starting once you have a complete manuscript. Be prepared for probably six months to a year of multiple editing passes. Please share it with other people to get their perspectives.” – Michael Pickard
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.