How can military members, past and present, jump into entrepreneurship?
If you are interested to learn how then this episode is for you. Our Kickass Boomer of the Day, Ryan Garrett, will talk about his retirement after 36 years of working as a financial advisor and partner of Edward Jones in South Boston, VA.
He has been in leadership roles most of his career, being used to working 100 hours a week. Ryan is now dedicating time to helping veterans and their families learn how to be an entrepreneur if that is something they would like to do.
The Rosie Network and Racing for Heroes both support our military and their families and also our first responders. These organizations help with mentoring, training, and support for both groups.
Join me in this episode and learn why Ryan is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:04] Opening Segment
- Here’s a special President’s Day episode!
- What you need to know
- Why I chose to invite Ryan Garrett
[04:05 – 15:14] Entrepreneurship as a Viable Career for Veterans
- Ryan talks about the organizations he’s working with to reach out to veterans
- What Ryan and his team found out about military spouses
- A challenge they also want to overcome
- The role of entrepreneurship in helping military families
[15:15 – 26:12] A Sense of Belongingness Among Veterans
- Why Ryan is advocating for more exposure of veterans in the race car industry
- He talks about this crowdfunding experience that helped veterans start businesses
- What they learned from this experience
- The importance of promoting a sense of belongingness and community among veterans
[26:13 – 30:09] How to Turn Talent into an Advocacy
- Ryan shares their business approach to capitalizing on veterans’ love for race cars
- How to turn talent into advocacy according to Ryan
- The story of Colin Garrett
[30:10 – 32:49] Closing Segment
- Connect with Ryan!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“We realized that [it’s] access to entrepreneurship, opportunities, access to a tribe, access to healthcare…that really help military families.” – Ryan Garrett
“Many of [the military spouses] could start their own business…something that they could do, whenever they could within the 24 hours.” – Ryan Garrett
Email email@example.com to reach out to Ryan.
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.