Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is author Angela Page. Angela has introduced to her readers two interesting characters that offer relevant lessons for boomers.
The first character is Poppy, the protagonist of “There’s a Dead Girl in My Yard,” whose life turned upside down because of the burial of Latina health guru, Dalia, in her own yard. Sylvia, the other character, is a dating coach who built a dating service for single boomers with her housemates. Angela is also well-known in the finance industry as an expert for multinationals such as Microsoft and Honeywell.
Join me in this episode and learn why Angela is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 05:20] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Angela Page
- How Angela turned a real-life event into a novel
[05:21 – 14:59] Dating Guide for Boomers
- Angela reveals her creative process to name her characters
- She talks about her primary motivation for writing books
- What you can find in her dating guide for boomers
- How to select your publication according to Angela
[15:00 – 23:00] Ways to Promote Your Book Successfully
- The different kinds of ways to promote your book
- How social media can help in a book launch
- Are you thinking about self-publishing?
- Here’s Angela’s advice for you
[23:01 – 24:04] Closing Segment
- Connect with Angela!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“Don’t ignore the medium and the small presses. They’re hungry for material. And of course, if you can get an agent, even better.” – Angela Page
“Twitter, by the way, is very good for writers. I’d recommend that. You could connect with publishers and agents on Twitter.” – Angela Page
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.