Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Michael Wader, who has more than 40 years of hands-on experience in implementing Lean Technology and Leadership principles. His over 4 decades of experience include 22 years of mentoring, coaching, teaching and consulting experience in 16 countries.
He joins us in this episode to talk about “leading yourself first” and why it is important whether in a personal or professional setting. Mike also shares some practical tips for Boomers to build good habits and in turn live better lives.
Join me in this episode and learn why Mike is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:46] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Michael Wader
- What does it mean to “lead yourself first?”
[04:47 – 14:51] Why Lead Yourself First
- Why you should take care of yourself too!
- What business owners can learn from Michael’s teachings
- The importance of taking care of your partner or spouses
[14:52 – 24:30] A Leader’s Priority
- Mike tells us how to find our passions in life
- The process should not be a leader’s priority
- Mike reveals what should be
- The benefits of volunteering in the community
[24:31 – 34:50] The Simple Step to Build Habits
- The simple step to build habits according to Mike
- Why accountability matters for Mike
- How to deal with crises whatever your situation
[34:51 – 40:06] Closing Segment
- Why prepare for a succession plan now
- Regardless if it’s business or personal
- Connect with Mike!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“If you are not taking care of yourself, how can you take care of anybody else? How can you lead a team if you don’t know how to lead yourself?” – Michael Wader
“We owe it to our spouses and our families to stay in good condition and that takes effort.” – Michael Wader
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with Mike or follow him on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Visit his personal website to learn more about his work.
- Kickass Boomers previous episodes
- Michael’s books
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.