Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Judy Laufer, award-winning children, and young adult author. Judy joins us in this episode to talk about her books for grandparents, which they can read and discuss with their grandchildren. She also shares some advice for boomers who want to try something new. It doesn’t have to be related to writing like Judy. It should be something they enjoy.
Join me in this episode and learn why Judy is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 02:39] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Judy Laufer
- From being a teacher to being an author
- How to handle losing a family member
[02:40 – 12:45] Writing Children’s Book
- Why Judy decided to publish a book
- Learn more about Judy’s book!
- Judy’s thoughts about children’s nightmares
- Her insights about inter-faith in the family
- What’s one of the easiest ways for kids to learn how to read?
- Listen to Judy
[12:46 – 22:51] Never Too Late to Try Something New
- Are you planning to try something new?
- Don’t miss this advice from Judy!
- How to write a young adult book?
- Listen to Judy’s tips
- Here’s a World War 2 story you should hear
[22:52 – 33:02] What the Youth Should Hear Now
- The beauty of writing stories about the good in people
- Re-writing a book for a different perspective
- Listen to our exchange
- What the young people should hear right now
[33:03 – 37:41] Closing Segment
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Final announcements
“It’s amazing to find there are many, many skills that will transfer to a variety of careers right now.” – Judy Laufer
“It’s really nice to know there are a lot of good people too.” – Judy Laufer
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with Judy or check out her website to learn more about her work. Follow her on Instagram.
- BUY her books!
- WATCH OUT for her upcoming book, “I Respectfully Disagree.”
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Email email@example.com and connect with me online and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.