Learn how to age shamelessly with our resident Ageism Prosecutor, Mariann Aalda. Mariann was famously known for her role as DiDi Bannister on the ABC soap opera, The Edge of Night. After a successful career in front of the camera, she decided to practice hypnotherapy, where she realized her clients don’t need hypnosis. Rather, they have to be “de-hypnotized.” She will also teach us a hack to have a good laugh, which you should not miss.
Join me in this episode and learn why Mariann is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:15] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Mariann Aalda
- She is busy prosecuting ageism
- Her path from television to hypnotherapy
[04:16 – 15:11] De-Hypnotizing Women
- How she uses hypnosis to “de-hypnotize” her clients
- Mariann talks about her television career
- Are you a female baby boomer?
- Listen to this advice from Mariann
[15:12 – 29:58] Women Empowerment
- Learn more about Mariann’s solo show
- Her thoughts about getting old
- Mariann talks about how she helps empower women
- How to break down barriers with humor
- What women should know about their body
[29:59 – 34:12] Closing Segment
- Mariann’s parting advice for the Boomer Nation
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Final words
“So what if I’m old. It’s my superpower!.” – Mariann Aalda
“We have to anoint ourselves and give ourselves self-love and self-respect…the more we get together and do that, the better.” – Mariann Aalda
“Don’t let anybody else’s ‘no’ stop your ‘yes.'” – Mariann Aalda
- Listen to Mariann’s TED Talk: Ageism Is a Bully…Stand Up to It!
- Book: Face: One Square Foot of Skin
- Kickass Boomers previous episode: #24: Dr. Kaye says “I’m Not Aging:” I’m Ripening, Weathering, & Marinating
- Dr. Donna G MD – Your Gyne Guru
- Actor’s Equity Association
Visit Mariann on Clubhouse: Ageing Shamelessly room – Friday at 10 AM Eastern
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!