Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Rick Terrien, author, owner of 9 patents, recipient of the Small Business Product of the Year, and founder of 4 startup companies. In this episode, we talk about starting a business, the Boomer Way.
Rick shares 3 simple ways we can take to start a business and reminds us that it is not really hard. It’s just something we don’t know yet. This kind of mindset shift can help us in whatever we do in life, whether it’s a business or not.
Join me in this episode and learn why Rick is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 03:32] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Rick Terrien
- We talk about Rick’s myth-busting book
[03:33 – 13:47] What Entrepreneurship is All About
- Why you should start right now
- Start small
- Start smart
- Rick tells us what entrepreneurship is NOT
- Can 50-year olds start a business?
[13:48 – 24:37] The Collaboration Model
- Starting a business is not hard
- Rick tells us why
- Rick breaks down the Collaboration Model
- What’s a good way to leave a legacy?
[24:38 – 28:32] Closing Segment
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Final words
“People can turn this late life opportunity to work on communities they love, industries, markets they love…” – Rick Terrien
“I tell people [starting a business is] not hard, it’s just new” – Rick Terrien
- Rick’s Book: Ageless Startup
- Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation
- Book: 55, Underemployed, and Faking Normal
- Entrepreneur Press
Connect with Rick on LinkedIn or check out Ageless Entrepreneurs on LinkedIn and Facebook.
WATCH OUT for their website launch! Subscribe here.
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
Visit http://kickassboomers.com/ to listen to the previous episodes. Also check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and connect with me online and on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.