Our Kickass Boomer of the Day, Joe Pugh. He is a fellow alum at Cardinal Dougherty High School, a Drexel University graduate, a 24-year US Army veteran, and currently a professor at Immaculata University in Pennsylvania. He has made his mark wherever he goes, whatever hat he wears, and now is focused on his life after retirement. He joins us today to talk about his journey and his plans after retirement.
Join me in this episode as we talk with Joe about the reasons he is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:41] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Joe Pugh
- We look back at our high school years
[04:42 – 12:13] From the Army to the University
- Joe looks back on his 24 years as an army officer
- He talks about his “extended honeymoon” with his wife
- How he found his way to teaching at a university
[12:14 – 19:47] Learning Historical Facts Not Commonly Known
- Joe talks about his plans after retiring from teaching
- What is this hobby of Joe that might also be your interest?
- Here’s an alternative way to learn history according to Joe
[19:48 – 30:27] Planning Post-Retirement
- We talk about how Boomers can give back to the community
- We have a lively exchange about trying new things in life
- Joe tells us why Boomers should stay active
[30:28 – 34:20] Closing Segment
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
- Final words
“Educational experiences are out there. I always encourage people to do that. It’s fascinating what you can learn even at the age of 70.” – Joe Pugh
“You’re gonna get old no matter what but there’s no such [thing as] aging prematurely so staying active is important..” – Joe Pugh
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!