Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Susan Cattaneo, one of Boston’s most respected singer/songwriters, blending rock and folk with a healthy dose of country.
Susan won the CT Folk Festival and has been a finalist or winner at some of the country’s most prestigious songwriting and music contests including: Kerrville New Folk, Emerging Artist Falcon Ridge, the International Acoustic Music Awards, the Independent Music Awards and the USA Songwriting Competition.
Her latest album The Hammer and The Heart charted #1 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart and yielded a folk radio #1 single and top 10 album.
As of this replay #132 Susan has a new album, “All is Quiet”
Join me in this episode and learn why Susan is a Kickass Boomer!
[00:01 – 04:55] Opening Segment
- I introduce and welcome Susan Cattaneo
- Susan talks about her amazing journey as a songwriter
[04:56 – 14:53] Work Hard, Love Harder
- Susan shares her insights about the effects of COVID to our daily lives
- She talks about her experiences in writing songs
- Susan tells us the story behind some of her songs
[14:54 – 24:33] The Beauty of Learning
- Susan shares the story when she almost quit songwriting
- The beauty of learning according to Susan
- Susan talks about the achievements she’s most proud of
[24:34 – 33:34] Finding Purpose in Life
- What’s next for Susan?
- She shares her plans in the coming months
- We have an inspiring conversation about finding your purpose
- Don’t miss Susan’s message for Boomers!
[33:35 – 37:04] Closing Segment
- Connect with Susan!
- Links below
- Final announcements
“I found that my journey is not just one river. It had a lot of tributaries and occasional little side things. It’s been a wonderful journey.” – Susan Cattaneo
“I don’t believe in being sedentary in my life.” – Susan Cattaneo
- Berklee College of Music
- Kickass Boomers Ep. 21: His 1963 hit “Forget Him,” his 5th Gold Record makes it hard to forget Teen Idol and Entertainer Bobby Rydell
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!
You can also connect with me by emailing email@example.com.