Our Kickass Boomer of the Day is Cassandra Christenson, a registered nurse back in her younger days, and today, she keeps herself busy with her writing group and involvement with a non-profit she helped form called Nightlight Network. Cassandra has been sober for 7 years and gained her sobriety when she was 79-years-old. Now at 87, Cassandra, part of the silent generation, is silent no more.
Join me in this episode and find out why Cassandra is a Kickass Boomer
[00:01 – 02:48] Opening Segment
- I introduce our guest, Cassandra Christenson
- The influence of the pandemic in Cassandra’s life
[02:49 – 07:50] Gaining Sobriety at 79
- Cassandra talks about her journey to sobriety
- The catalyst
- The challenge of learning technology at her age
- Learn zoom and stay connected with people
[07:51 – 19:40] The Nightlight Network
- Cassandra shares a story from when she was still working as a nurse
- The birth of their non-profit organization
- The Nightlight Network became Cassandra’s mission
[19:41 – ] Closing Segment
- When do you think you’re going to slow down?
- Living a wonderful life
- Final words of wisdom from Cassandra
- How can the Boomer Nation connect with you?
- Links below
“Anytime is the right time. And my time could have started when my daughter was 7, and she said, ‘mommy, please don’t drink,’ and I never stopped until I was 79.” – Cassandra Christenson
“Have a good time that makes you really happy.” – Cassandra Christenson
- Get Sober Stay Sober by Cynthia Perkins
Follow the Nightlight Network on Facebook
BEE BOLD, NOT OLD.
LEAVE A REVIEW and join me on my journey to become and stay a Kickass Boomer!